Tales From The Cube

Sunday, December 26, 2021

Candid Comment - The Best Christmas Gift You Can Get - Your Booster Shot

As I look around the web and read the stories about the rise of Omicron and the speed at which this variant has hit country after country I am stunned by it's impact.  To date Canada has been seeing a case count that is nothing short of shocking. There is a bit of an upside though the Omicron variant has less of a punch, but it is good at bypassing antibodies produced by vaccines, which is why there is a clear need for boosters.

Of course this is a matter of choice there are no laws saying you have to get vaccinated though in many work environments there are mandates that state that in order to remain employed you must get vaccinated.  Some feel that mandates like masking and vaccination requirements are an infringement on personal rights.  Yes, they are, the masking and vaccine mandates infringe on the right to choose to or not to mask and vaccinate.  It is deliberate it's intent though is not hostile except in that if one does not they may lose their job.  This said it's smarter to get vaccinated and to follow the measures set in place.  In fact the best Christmas gift you can give yourself and family as well as the community at large is the shot you get.  I could throw facts, showcase stories and provide statistics to support the need to be vaccinated. I could also use fancy language and use analogies to make my point, I will spare you these as there is enough lecturing going on about vaccines and mandates.  

Like many reading this I am fed up and tired of hearing about the pandemic.  So I choose to think this way.  I would rather do my upmost to keep myself healthy and to not be that guy who gets COVID and does not show symptoms but passes it on to someone else who gets really sick or God forbid dies.  This year Christmas was more about being thankful for what I already have and enjoying the gifts I did get.  Not caring about what I did not get and thanking God that I am well, employed and have people around me who love and care for me.  One last point before I close, fun fact or not.  I am terrified of needles. I hate being near them and yet I have had 2 vaccinations and will get a booster.  

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year go get a booster shot and thanks for reading Candid Conversations this year.   Look for the next article hopefully an interview along with the year end review, a look at the top interview of 2021.



No comments: